9/30/2002: Service Record 5.0 released.
This is a completely new and completely redesigned version of Service Record. You will find most of the same features that were present in earlier versions but we hope that you agree this version is much better. Here is a short list of some of the new functionality in this version:
- Now a 32-bit program instead of 16-bit. This means it no longer supports Windows 3.x but will work more smoothly with modern operating systems.
- Written in Borland Delphi 6 instead of Visual Basic 3.
- Database format has changed. Instead of using a Microsoft Access 2.0 database your data is stored in an Advantage database. Service Record 5.0 can import your data from a Service Record 4.x database.
- The user interface has been completely redesigned to be more intuitive and modern looking.
- It is much simpler to perform tasks. In older versions you sometimes had to wade through several dialogs to do something.
- Multiple users can be open simultaneously.
- You can now print a Service Report slip that looks like the real thing.
- You can now print Study Report slips that look like the real thing.
- Printing is now completely done internally. Older versions of Service Record relied on “helper” programs to do some printing which was often unreliable.
If by chance you still need the older 4.08 version of Service Record, you can find it here.
Back to What's New Index