8/1/1998: Master Converter 2.0 released.
This is a major new version and we recommend that everyone download this as
soon as possible. Here's a small list of what you'll find new in version 2.0:
- Now over 550 units in 29 categories.
- New Office 97-style toolbar.
- New ability to add your own categories or to add your own units to existing categories.
- New "search" feature which helps you locate a unit or category by doing a substring search.
- New "expression" feature: you can enter expressions like (4*5)/10+2.5 in the Input Field.
- Improved localization: Master Converter now understands your thousands separator and
decimal character instead of defaulting to the U.S. comma and period.
- You can now choose between "Gauge" and "Absolute" in the pressure category.
(The difference between the two is one atmosphere.)
- Much improved decimal-to-fraction algorithm.
- New ability to customize what program is launched via the "Reference / Calculator" menu.
Back to What's New Index